Imagine that someone was writing a historical fiction novel about you. What would the setting look like for you when you were 6. Remember to include comments about time, place, and mood. Post your answers on this blog and make sure to include your name.
When I was 6 the time was happy for me. It was 2 years after September 11 attacks so the country was cautious and nervous about travel and safety. Our country was just going to war with Iraq so it was a difficult time for some families. Some kids missed school to say good bye to family members leaving. I was in 1st grade and lived in a big grey/green house in Williston, Vermont(the same one that I do now.)I attended Allen Brook School with my sister Taryn (2nd grader.)There was a big kiva that we all played in (Vista House) before school would start. I also played soccer for the Nordic program. I lived in a big development and had a lot of friends. We played almost every day at the local play ground. During that time I also had a dog named Kiara she still is around today. She was very playful and me and my friends used to always take the toy from her and she would run after us. It was fun. My mom worked for Ben and Jerry's so we had an extra refrigerator for just ice cream. It was delightful! I skied at Cochran's in the after school program. Overall 2003 was a year to remember.
ReplyDelete-Jasmyn
January 11, 2009
When I was the age of 6 it was a pretty happy time. It was the year of 2004 and at the time, I was living in Hinesburg. Before my family and I moved to Williston, my mom had a daycare center in Shelburne. So, everyday before she went to work my mom would bring me and my brother Blane to Williston Central. We had to get up pretty early every morning. Then, something happened in my family. At the end of 2004 my mom and dad got a divorse. That was a pretty rough time for my brother and I. Then, in 2005 Stacy came into my life. Stacy is now my step dad. Then a great day came. On December 12th 2005 my family moved into a house in williston. I loved my new house because we had so much more space then we used to in Hinseburg. Also, we had another family member that moved into our house with us. We had had a cat named sarah that had lived with us for about 2 years before we moved to Williston. Sarah was about the best cat anybody could have. She was loving, sweet, and she would always cudle. But, a year after we moved she went outside and never came back. That was a really rough time for ME. Till this day I am still living in my house in Williston. And I love it! What I really love the most is the new school that I go to. Everybody is always friendly to everyone. And lot's of people helped me throughout the first month I went there. Overall, I will always remeber 2004. It was a wonderful year!
ReplyDelete~Brianna Wigmore
When I was 6 I felt like the luckiest girl alive. I went to the mall in Burlington, Vermont one night with my dad in 2001 to get pajamas. I didn't find any pajamas I liked, so we met with my mom, sister, and brother at Applebee's to have dinner. We were on our way into Applebee's when I saw the pet store. I asked my dad if we could go and look and he said sure. We were in the pet store and I saw a dog I really wanted. My dad said I could get him. I named him Kramer. I named him Kramer because there is a character on Seinfeld named Kramer and he was my favorite. Every night before bed I would lay in bed with my parents and watch Seinfeld. We seemed to have a happy family until my parents got divorced in 2004. Our family was seeing my dad less and less. We expected that they would get divorced, but I didn't think it would actually happen.This was a really hard time for my sister and I. My brother had to be the man in the family. We started to see my dad again once he moved in and my mom moved out in 2006. She moved to Jericho, Vermont with my new step father. She currently lives in Jericho and my dad lives in Williston. When I was 6, it was a great year.
ReplyDeleteWhen I was six years old I lived in a nice little house in Danbury, Connecticut.The name of the road was Shepard road.It was a little short road that was used as a cut-through.A few days after my sixth birthday I almost got ran over by a car when i ran out into the street to get a basketball.We had huge bushes next to our house the went all the way to the road so it was hard to tell when a car was coming.About a month later i was walking down the stair and there were marbles on one step that I did not see and I stepped on them.I then slipped and fell down the stairs.I visited the hospital and i turned out that i only had some bruising.For a few month after that i was terrified whenever there was something on the stairs in my way.Once i finally got over it my life started not to be just happening inside of my house.I started going outside,i started to take and interest in my dads tractor mower.I thought it was cool the way the tractor could go fast will you were on it and you could control it.The only thing I did not understand was how you did.Another traumatic thing happened later that year when my sister was leaning back in her chair and fell back onto the radiator.The result of this was her cracking open her skull.We had to rush her to the hospital.She needed to have staples in her head witch was scary to me seeing as she was only 2 years old.Ever since then she has never leaned back in her chair and I assume that is why.
ReplyDelete